Send form responses to Slack
Use our Slack integration to get notified when someone completes your Tally forms, and always stay up-to-speed with the latest form submissions.
You can send Tally form submissions in real-time to a Slack channel or a direct message, and fully customize your Slack message. Sending form submissions to Slack is free, and available to all Tally users.
1. Connect to Slack
You can find the Slack integration in the Integrations tab of your published form.
Click connect to set up the integration, you’ll be asked to log in to Slack and allow Tally to access to your account.
2. Choose a channel
You can send Tally form submissions to a public channel, private channel or a direct message.
Open the dropdown menu to browse your Slack channels.
- Open your private channel in the Slack app.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the integrations tab.
- Add an app and search for "Tally Forms".
- In Tally, click the refresh button on the right of the channels dropdown to see the private channel.
- Open or create a group DM in Slack.
- Click the cluster of profile pictures in the top right corner.
- Click Add people to this group DM.
- Type "Tally", and select the app from the list.
- Click Go to create a new DM.
- In Tally, click the refresh button on the right of the channels dropdown to see the DM.
3. Customize your message
All Tally form submissions are inserted in your Slack message, by default. You can add or remove text and type @ to insert form data.
mrkdwn formatting options to structure your text or create useful visual highlights.
|*bold*||will produce bold text|
|_italic_||will produce italicized text|
|> quote||will produce text as a block quote|
4. The result
The default Slack message will look like the example below. Click Open in Tally to open your form in your Tally dashboard.