After a respondent submits a form, they can be redirected to an external URL, which can be a Tally form or an external site. You can also pass submitted form data through the URL, which comes in handy when you want to pass information to another form or site. Redirect on completion is free to use for all Tally users.
How to set up Redirect on completion
- Go to the form settings of your published form
- Switch on the toggle next to 'Redirect on completion'.
- Add a new web address of choice that will load once a respondent clicks the submit button at the end of your form.
ℹ️ Respondents don't see (custom) Thank You pages when you use Redirect on completion.
Add form data to your redirect
Redirect on completion also allows you to pass submitted form data from one Tally form to another form or web page. This comes in handy when you want to identify respondents, create a dynamic redirect based on responses, or pre-populate questions.
How it works
Simply type '@' to get a dropdown with available data to add to your URL.
Types of data you can add to your URL:
- Respondent ID: Unique identifier of a respondent across all forms of the same workspace
- Response ID: Unique identifier of a response
- Input fields
- Hidden fields
- Calculated fields
Types of redirects you can create:
You can add form data as part of your URL path:
You can also add data as query parameters (and pre-fill them in another form):
You can add data to use as the entire URL:
You can use form data as the domain part of the URL:
Didn't find what you're looking for?
We are always looking for new ways to improve Tally, if you have a suggestion, please request a feature below.