Personalize your Tally forms with custom domains
If you want to make your Tally forms recognizable and easier to share, you can map any domain or subdomain to your Tally forms. Available to Tally Pro users.
Let’s assume your company’s website is acme.com, and you want to use the subdomain ask.acme.com to share your Tally forms. With Tally Pro you can connect this subdomain to your Tally account and create pretty URLs for each form that look like this:
You can connect unlimited domains or subdomains to your Tally Pro account. We take care of hosting and provide SSL certificates, and you can customize your form via meta data and code injection.
How it works
1. Connect a custom domain
Go to ‘Custom Domains’ on your dashboard and click ‘add domain’. You can add a domain (e.g.acme.com) or a subdomain (e.g. ask.acme.com).
2. Add DNS records to your domain provider
- Start by adding the DNS records that are generated for you to your domain name provider’s settings (like Cloudflare, Namecheap, GoDaddy or others).
2. Wait until the DNS records are verified (this can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours due to the length of time your DNS takes to propagate).
3. When your domain resolves to our servers, Tally will automatically issue an SSL Certificate. When the status turns green, your domain is active.
3. Configure your domain settings
When your domain is active, head to the domain tab to configure your domain settings.
To map your forms to your domain and customize your form URLs, select a published form from the dropdown list and give it a more memorable and shorter slug. Don't forget to save your changes. Click the three dots on the right to delete a URL or to change the meta data of each form.
To control how your URLs are displayed when shared on social media, upload a preview image, title and description for your domain. You can also configure the meta data on a form level for each URL by clicking the settings wheel next to the pretty URLs.
Upload a favicon (a square icon, at least 60x60 pixels) and use the code injection block to add Google Analytics, Intercom, Hotjar or other custom scripts or styles. Read more about how to add custom styles to change fonts and colors here.
Want to know more?
We are always looking for new ways to improve Tally, if you have a suggestion, please request a feature below.